Telephone 0161 220 3800
Free Swimming available in 10 pools in Manchester
16 & Under Manchester resident*? Swim for Free across the city this summer...
And avoid the queues by registering online NOW.
Simply choose your nearest pool from the list below and click-through to 'memberships' and then 'free swimming'.
Don't forget, Free Swimming in Manchester applies to;
Manchester Resident, 60+over during casual swimming
Manchester Resident, 16+under during school holidays
Printable registration forms also available below.
See below for further information, pool timetables and contact details for participating pools;
- Abraham Moss Leisure Centre
- Broadway Leisure Centre
- Chorlton Leisure Centre
- Levenshulme Swimming Pools
- Manchester Aquatics Centre
- Miles Platting Swimming Pools
- Moss Side Leisure Centre
- North City Family & Fitness Centre
- Withington Leisure Centre
- Wythenshawe Forum
Before you visit
- Ensure you're familiar with the pools swimming policy
- To take part, you may be asked to prove your age
- To take part, you will be asked for proof of residency (see below)
- Please also see Frequently asked questions for swimmers
* Where do you live and are you eligible for Free Swimming? You must provide proof of age within the 2 qualifying age groups (1. Under 17 and 2. 60 +Over) and reside within the Manchester City Boundaries. Eligible postcodes are M1 - M23 (with the exceptions of M5, M6 and M7 which are affiliated to Salford City Council) and some parts of M40. In addition residents of Manchester Overspill Estates may also be eligible for Free Swimming in Manchester. If you pay your Council tax to Manchester City Council you should be eligible.