Free Swimming still available in Manchester
Following news that central Government has cut funding across the UK for free swimming, Manchester have committed to continue free swimming in 10 pools across the city for the long-term health and wellbeing of local residents.
You can still swim for free at pools in Manchester if you're a;
Manchester Resident, 60+over during public swimming
Manchester Resident, 16+under during school holidays
If you are a Manchester resident and currently hold a free swim pass, there's no need to re-register, simply continue to enjoy your regular swimming as highlighted above.
Registration forms available below. Take to your local pool to qualify.
See below for further information, pool timetables and contact details for participating pools;
- Abraham Moss Leisure Centre
- Broadway Leisure Centre
- Chorlton Leisure Centre
- Levenshulme Swimming Pools
- Manchester Aquatics Centre
- Miles Platting Swimming Pools
- Moss Side Leisure Centre
- North City Family & Fitness Centre
- Withington Leisure Centre
- Wythenshawe Forum
Before you visit
- Ensure you're familiar with the pools swimming policy
- To take part, you may be asked to prove your age
- To take part, you will be asked for proof of residency
- Please also see Frequently asked questions for swimmers